WP Ultimate Search: a highly customizable WordPress search alternative with the ability to autocomplete faceted search queries.
- Searches post title and body content
- Can search by multiple keywords, and by full phrases
- Highlights search terms in results
- Searches inside of shortcodes
- Option to send search queries as events to your Google Analytics account
- Facets by post category
- Can search in multiple categories (OR search)
- Category options are dynamically generated and autocompleted as you type
- Attractive and lightweight interface based on jQuery, Backbone.js, and the VisualSearch.js library
- Bypasses WordPress’ built-in search functions and conducts direct database queries for low overhead and high flexibility
Many new features coming quickly, stay tuned.
Please note that this demo site is also a staging ground for new releases of the plugin. You may occasionally see unexpected debugging code, or encounter features that aren’t in the latest stable release.
Available search parameters (in the demo):
- Plain text
- Taxonomies: post_tag, category, post_format
- Post Meta: location, hobbies
- Upload the wp-ultimate-search folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
During this development period, the shortcode is used in two parts: the search bar, and the search results. Put [wp-ultimate-search-bar] where you’d like the search bar, and [wp-ultimate-search-results] where you’d like the results to appear. No options (…yet).
Call the search bar with wp_ultimate_search_bar()
Render the search results area with wp_ultimate_search_results()
No parameters yet.